Tuesday, February 09, 2010

faith(ful)

i had the best of intentions
this year was a new year
a new decade
a beginning of the rest of my life

i had it all
my life was under control
making good on my resolutions
faithful to the goals i'd set

but somehow along the way
in the process of chasing my happiness
you appeared
and without any effort on your part
threaten to erase the progress i've made

i don't know how this happened
how i allowed this door to remain ajar
for your presence to catch in the door
faced with this dilemma now

always thought i was strong enough
to chase the right priorities
i had a goal that relied on no one
but myself

and ceding this control to you
losing me, myself, and I
scares me more than words can say
do i have faith in this open door
or do i pull it closed in this moment?

No comments: