Tuesday, December 15, 2009

treetops

too often i find myself
gasping for air in this race
falling behind with every step
measured against the ones i run with
but then i see your voice

and we're dancing on treetops
touching the sky
the cold crisp air filling my lungs
feeling the warmth of your hands
before gravity pulls me down again

it doesn't matter what kind
i know it's love
always there, always listening
might not be the same for you
but i would give anything just to

go dancing on the treetops
with you and only you
no one else could ever replace
the spot you've labeled in my mind

i never say this enough or at all
but hopefully I can show it
and i know you won't always be here
but i wouldn't want to keep you from the world
i only hope you'll remember me
and the way you used to take me

dancing on treetops
lifting me up to where the clouds
brush my cheek
this was love i'm thankful for

No comments: