Monday, December 28, 2009

end

this year I've learned
love comes in so many forms
it might not be the one i want
but it doesn't mean it's not given
with all the affection someone has

i've realized cramming only works
for something to be regurgitated
but i've been blessed
to finally find something i enjoy
and spending my time working for it
is hardly work at all

that people pass in and out of our lives
but only those who care, truly stick
that the heart can't help what it feels
no matter how the mind fights it
that words left unsaid
are sometimes better left that way
that i shouldn't worry about others
until i take care of me first
that i love you
and nothing in this moment can change it
that i need to accept the way some things are
or else happiness will only run away
that i have so much to wake up for
and only a little left to be desired

happiness isn't as elusive
as i once thought it was
the ability to make it or break it
is my own and only my own

today is a brand new day
to open my heart and my mind
to walk in the sunshine
to find a love that can be returned
to find peace in who i am

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ugh, that middle paragraph, TELL ME ABOUT IT.