Thursday, September 17, 2009

Cleaning

He smiles and laughs
a joke passes between them
teasing over words and syntax
she smiles and laughs
but her heart feeling heavy
beneath the smile sits an emotion
too weak to be voiced
yet too strong to be ignored

she says
how do I say the words
how do I speak my thoughts
when I'm not even sure if its the right thing to do
because I'm cleaning
cleaning
cleaning my heart out
shaking off the dust that remains of
these feelings I'm not even sure are real

days pass and they don't change
the same smiles and laughs
passing on and on and on
sometimes the feelings leave her
but they always return
if not stronger
at least the same

she says
how do I tell you
all of what I really think
all of what I really feel
because when I'm cleaning
cleaning
cleaning my heart out
knowing I need to wash away
all these thoughts of you

No comments: